Villa del Paradiso is an old villa located in the Marche region in the municipality of Fano in the province of Pesaro and Urbino. The brick building with an area of about 2,500 square metres surrounded by a park of Mediterranean vegetation of about 30,000 square metres, was used until 1900 as a hunting lodge. The tower on the façade facing the coast offers a spectacular view of the coast. Villa del Paradiso is located in the hills between Fano and Pesaro and is just a few steps from the sea and surrounded by a beautiful centuries-old park. This building, we do not know in what form, already existed in 1567 but it is certainly one of the oldest stately villas in the Fano countryside. Evidence of the oldest part remains at the back, where the brick and sandstone basement is. The construction is brick-faced, with framed windows and a double loggia on the façade. On the side facing the sea, there is a small crenellated tower that provides an excellent panoramic view. A coat of arms in the settler’s house bears a date 1760. The villa is surrounded by a park with rich Mediterranean vegetation, in which cypresses and maritime pines predominate.
Villa del Paradiso can be reached via a long tree-lined avenue. It stands on a gentle hill in a strategic position, controlling both the sea and land sides, and was presumably originally the site of a fortified building, which, when an oil mill was later installed, became a centre of agricultural production and was eventually adapted into a holiday resort. Although skilfully remodelled, the villa still retains traces of its former beauty. Elements of the primitive fortified building are clearly visible in the north-west façade with a forepart in the centre, accessed through an arched portal.
On the main façade, two projecting bodies delimit the central part characterised by a double loggia resting on sturdy square columns that divide the spaces asymmetrically. The villa has arched windows, each with a terracotta frame and concealed shutters, which are repeated with the same features on the reconstructed tower topped with battlements.
The interior is characterised by a large hall with an internal balcony surmounted by a cast iron railing.